Saturday, September 6, 2008

The best way to get chocolate off a plate...

In a spurt of creativity, I decided to make dinner a "make your own pizza" night. I prepped the dough and toppings before hand. Once ready, I had the girls try "slapping" their own dough. Trust me, none of us are experts here and we had some interesting shaped pizzas. That said, the dough held up to the abuse and was quite tasty (I made it with honey, not sugar).



Everyone got to add their own toppings and cheese, tossed in the oven and voila! Dinner was readily eaten by all three (Jaden is over for the night).



The real kicker came with dessert. I took the tiny bit of dough, made it in to skinny breadsticks. Brused with melted butter; sprinkled sugar & cinammon on top and baked for 5 minutes. Drizzle with warmed up hot fudge topping with a swirl of whipped cream on the side and we had three really happy girls. The urge to lick the plates was irresistable and quite funny. I said to Jaden, "OK, give it up. Your mom would kill me." Her response, "What? It's the best way to get chocolate off the plate." A well trained 7-year old, I say.



No pictures to actually document the craziness. Suffice it to say, happiness abounded.



Good night.

No comments: